Friday, December 10, 2010

Lady Louise's geese are growing up


The three babies, including one with a grey head, are still kept in the middle of the gaggle, but they have survived.

Gardening seems to be endless weeding. However, it is very satisfying to see a weed-free flowerbed.
Clearing up piles of weeds is not my favourite job.


There has been so much rain that the weeds and lawn need constant attention - very therapeutic!

I do not spend many Christmases in Australia so I am looking forward to this year in Jindivick.

Making a wreath is not quite so easy as it looks. On a dressage scale of marks my attempt is worth a 6 - rather mediocre but adequate. If the holly wilts I can easily replace it as my garden has a lovely big holly tree with green berries.


Last Sunday I judged at the friendly dressage competition at Warragul Equestrian Centre. A good
opportunity for novice riders and young horses.

Tomorrow I judge hacks, galloways, ponies and riding classes at Neerim show. One of my pupils
is going to steward for me as she cannot ride in my ring. At least she will keep me on track as there seem to be an aweful lot of classes to be judged!

No comments:

Post a Comment