Sunday, December 26, 2010

Animals in my life!

It was really lovely to have a local farmers herefords eating down my paddocks. Years ago I worked in Ontario, Canada with horses and polled herefords. I helped show the cattle. My job was to wash and blow dry their bodies and then titivate the bottom of their tails into the latest showing fashion. At the time they had to be in big white pompoms which entailed lots of back-combing. Showing was great fun and I used to lead a quiet bull (they were much easier to lead than the heifers) in the progeny classes. Whoever won the male and female Championships used to supply fried chicken and beer to all the hereford breeders.





At first Thomas was very diligent about his lifeguard job on Christmas day but then he became bored.



These alpacas were very interested in the Boxing Day party.


Lady Louise feeding the peacocks.


This young peahen is rearing 5 babies.


The two visible babies' camouflage is so good that they are hard to see. This was taken last week and I now hear that they can all fly and roost at night in the trees away from the foxes.

Published 11.15 p.m. 26 December

No comments:

Post a Comment