Thursday, September 9, 2010

Coaching in Canada before WEG

Last weekend in Vancouver the Para Equestrian team riders had their last competition before WEG. Great preparations as riders and trainers decide what is possible to achieve between now and Kentucky. It is a long trip for these horses as they have to go thousands of miles across Canada and the USA. 




This is one my favourite signs that is near Tsawwassen where I stay when i am in Vancouver. I think it is to stop road rage when you have to slow to a crawl and are unable to pass. 






I was teaching another WEG bound rider north of Toronto today. Her coach owns Flare - who has the gentle temperament of my Black Bess but the look of a large size Thomas. She gave me dog therapy.


Black Bess


Dylan Thomas


Tomorrow I drive from Toronto to Plantagenet, which is near Ottawa, to work with a rider who is totally blind. She is just starting her dressage career. The quality of dressage does not change due to disability. It is just that much harder as she has to become accustomed to 'feeling' the size of the arena as well as developing good riding and competition skills. Then I see another rider who is preparing for WEG who lives just outside Montreal.






No comments:

Post a Comment