Friday, June 25, 2010

Regrowth

As I drive through Labertouche between my present home in Bunyip and future one in Jindivick I am always attentive to the regrowth - or not - of the trees that were affected by the fires of last year.


Now there are big white X's on the condemned trees on the roadsides. Some have already been felled. What makes me sad are the trees that were burnt but were able to sprout out new growth from their trunks, only to fail in their attempt to survive.


The trees that have survived are disorderly in their regrowth - but they are alive and hopefully will not be felled by a chainsaw. It is easy to tell how long ago fire went through. The undergrowth is starting to thrive and it is obvious which trees will survive.



On a happier note - Thomas the Terrible has not tried to scratch his stitches out of his ear so he does not have to wear a bucket on his head at the moment.

This weekend will be lots of fun as I am teaching at Wonthaggi Adult Riding Club. I am glad to remember that their clubhouse has a wood burning stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment